In Store Product Specialist
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Hours: Part Time
Closing Date: 30/04/2019
As a Mothercare Specialist, it is you who will guide our customers through the world of parenting – in many cases for the very first time!
We are looking for a Specialist to join the team in our new York store on a full time (40 hour) contract.
You will be responsible for giving our customers an excellent experienceand maximising sales by, effectively selling products within the store and online that meet our customer needs.
You will become a specialist in up to six departments across the store and will use your expertise to train and coach the team to enable them to provide expert advice.You will also conduct expectant and new parent events and personal shops in a friendly and confident manner.
This is an exciting and varied role and we are looking for outgoing, confident and friendly people with a passion for retail to join us.
Our Mothercare specialists will need to have the following skills:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, with the ability to listen and question
- A people person, able to build relationships with people quickly, both colleagues and customers.
- Experience in demonstrating products to customers
- Flexibility to support the business
- The ability to work within a team
- Able to work efficiently in a pressurised environment
- High standards of personal presentation
- Excellent retail standards and visual merchandising skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- A passion for learning and the ability to learn quickly
To enable you to be successful as a Mothercare specialist we will put you through an extensive training programme to give you the brilliant product knowledge and understanding of our products that’s needed to succeed in the role.
Previous experience in a nursery setting, in child development or previous experience working within a similar retailer or in a coaching role would be preferred.
The hourly rate for this specialist role starts at 8/ hour, increasing to 9.10/ hour after successful completion of the training blocks (after approx. 12 weeks).